In business, the words you write represent you. Errors can be embarrassing—or they can derail communication altogether.
This mini-course reviews the 10 grammar rules that cause 90 percent of problems in business writing. You'll fix incomplete and incorrect sentences, ensure subject-verb and pronoun-antecedent agreement, and use parallel structure and active voice. You'll correct misplaced modifiers, commonly misused words, and nonstandard language.
Explanations, examples, and videos teach key concepts, and digital activities for writing and editing help you practice what you learn. Upon successful completion, you will receive certification for 0.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Watch this brief video to see how it all works:
When you complete this mini-course, you will be able to do the following:
- Eliminate Sentence Fragments
- Eliminate Comma Splices and Run-Ons
- Ensure Subject-Verb Agreement
- Ensure Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement
- Use Parallel Structure
- Use Active and Passive Voice
- Fix Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers
- Fix Common Usage Errors
- Eliminate Nonstandard Language
- Use Commas Correctly