The set includes the Grammar for Professionals Participant Guide, the print edition of Write for Business (with free online access), and the Grammar at a Glance Job Aid.
Page Count: 132
This course uses a sentence-composing approach to target the most common and serious errors in workplace communication. Instead of learning rules in isolation, you’ll use them right away in your own writing. Grammar for Professionals helps you write complete, correct, and clear sentences; use parallel structure; and avoid sentence errors. You’ll also review punctuation, capitalization, commonly confused words, and much more.
Clear explanations and examples teach key concepts, and activities for writing and editing help you practice what you learn. Each lesson ends with a wrap-up activity and quiz, and a pre- and post-assessment track your overall learning.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Construct clear and correct sentences
- Recognize when to use different sentence structures for different purposes
- Understand and employ parallel structure
- Avoid common errors by correctly applying rules and guidelines
- Identify subjects and verbs
- Recognize singular and plural subjects and verbs
- Correct subject-verb agreement errors
- Use pronouns correctly, including subject, object, and possessive pronouns
- Determine if pronouns agree with their antecedents
- Correct misplaced and dangling modifiers
- Employ current standard grammar and usage in writing
- Punctuate, capitalize, and abbreviate correctly
- Understand how to use references in the workplace
- Meyer, V., Sebranek, P., & Van Rys, J. (2021). Grammar for Professionals (Participant Guide). Lake Geneva, WI: Thoughtful Learning.
- Meyer, V., Sebranek, P., & Van Rys, J. (2021). Grammar at a Glance (Job Aid). Lake Geneva, WI: Thoughtful Learning.
- Meyer, V., Sebranek, P., & Van Rys, J. (2011). Write for Business (Handbook). Burlington, WI: UpWrite Press.
- Meyer, V., Sebranek, P., & Van Rys, J. (2021). Write for Business (Guide). Lake Geneva, WI: Thoughtful Learning, writeforbusiness.com/guide (free online).