Write for Business is a concise writing handbook that teaches the communication skills needed for success on the job. You'll discover strategies for writing effective emails, memos, résumés, letters, reports, proposals, instructions, policies, procedures, and much more. You'll find guidelines for writing each form, exemplary models, and checklists for revising and refining.
Write for Business focuses on the seven traits of effective writing: ideas, organization, voice, word choice, sentences, correctness, and design. These traits guide you through the writing process, helping you diagnose problems with writing and apply specific solutions.
You will also find explanations and examples for the key rules in business writing: punctuation, capitalization, spelling, mechanics, usage, and grammar. The final sections of the book provide extra help to those who speak English as a second language, unpacking some of the trickier rules of the language.
Equip yourself with the writing handbook used by employees of Blue-Cross/Blue Shield, Amgen, the Federal Housing Finance Agency, Johnson & Wales University, and dozens of other businesses and government offices.
The second edition of this award-winning handbook contains many new features:
- Concrete solutions to over 60 common problems in business writing and communication
- New chapters on social media, job searching, and creating management forms
- New support for English language learners and dialect speakers
In addition, you’ll still find the great features that made the first edition a hit:
- Guidelines for quickly creating winning proposals, effective emails, polished presentations, and much more
- Models of every important type of business document
- Checklists to help you quickly revise and refine writing
- Rules for punctuation, capitalization, usage, and grammar
Write for Business is the print edition of the Web site used by business writers around the world.
Contact us for volume discounts.