Play the Editor!
Copy the following letter into a document and rewrite its vague and inconsistent headings. Read the surrounding text to help you with your revisions. (Scroll to the bottom of the newsletter to see our recommendations.)
Please accept this Annual Progress Report concerning Hope Services’ Cultural Diversity Program for fiscal year 2018. The report features service statistics and outreach highlights for the year.
The following is client information for the households served by the Hope Services’ staff through the Cultural Diversity Program at the shelter:
- 178 people from underserved populations, including 102 children.
- 76 households served, 100 percent female-headed (36 African American, 10 Asian, 23 Hispanic, 7 Native American).
- 96 percent of households below the poverty level; 4 percent of households at low-income levels.
In addition to the previous statistics, here are two illustrations of our progress on cultural-diversity issues:
- In January, Jasmine Michaels joined Hope Services to develop the Cultural Diversity Program, including (a) services for victims of sexual or domestic assault, and (b) community outreach to minority populations.
- In April, representatives from the following organizations formed Project SART (Sexual Abuse Response Team): Hope Services, Reading Hospital, Berks County Attorney’s Office, Reading Police Department, and Penn State University.
As shown above, Hope Services (HS) continues to improve its services to underserved clients and communities in Watertown. Based on this information, we are confident in the following conclusions and projections.
- Numbers indicate that HS is helping its target clientele (low-income households headed by women).
- Hiring a cultural diversity specialist has given HS a strong presence in the community.
- In the coming year, HS will focus on strengthening its outreach to minority communities and increasing its training of staff and volunteers in cultural-diversity issues.
Thank you for supporting our work with underserved populations through Hope Services. If you need additional information, please contact me at mdrummond@HopeServices.org.
Melissa S. Drummond