If your facilitator gave you a product code for this course, enter it in "My Library" to begin.
Executive Writing uses the seven traits of effective writing to help you improve your own work and the writing of those you manage. The traits help you diagnose problems and apply specific strategies to remedy them. You'll learn to analyze each writing situation, craft a clear main point, support it with key details, and communicate using plain language. You'll also write important management forms such as policies, procedures, responses to official inquiries, and executive summaries.
Clear explanations, examples, and videos teach key concepts, and digital activities for writing and editing help you practice what you learn. Each learning module ends with a quiz, and a pre- and post-assessment track your overall learning.
Watch this brief video to see how it all works:
Upon completion of Executive Writing, you will be able to do the following:
- Use the seven traits to improve your writing
- Prepare effective executive documents that use plain language and achieve the results you want
- Analyze each writing situation, craft a clear main point, and support it with details that readers need
- Use different patterns of organization to inform, break bad news, and persuade readers
- Effectively manage the writing tasks of others
- Diagnose problems, make improvements, and foster writing that is clear, concise, complete, and correct
- Energize sentences, correct errors, and produce polished messages that communicate effectively
- Use resources to continually improve writing, revising, and editing skills
Table of Contents
- Module 1: The Traits and Process of Writing
- Module 2: Planning
- Module 3: Drafting and Revising
- Module 4: Editing
This course is one of five that progress from foundational skills to high-level writing. Check out all of these courses from Write for Business: