Problem Solving helps participants tackle even challenging problems on the job. They gain practical tools for defining problems and innovating solutions. They also learn problem-solving strategies used by managers, analysts, engineers, facilitators, designers, and scientists. This course helps participants understand how to solve problems by themselves and in workgroups.
You can provide as much or as little oversight as you wish. Track participants' scores on pre- and post-assessments, review their quizzes and activities, or drill down to individual responses. You can also brand this course with your own title, organization name, and logo, which appear on participant materials and the final certification for 1 CEU.
Upon completion of Problem Solving, participants will be able to do the following:
- Understand how to solve problems on the job
- Use practical strategies for defining workplace problems
- Analyze causes and effects of problems
- Use tools for brainstorming practical solutions at work
- Use thought-tools to evaluate solutions and discover ways to improve them
- Implement and monitor workplace solutions effectively
- Use problem-solving strategies drawn from design and science
- Use decision-making strategies individually and on teams
Table of Contents
- Module 1: Defining and Solving Workplace Problems
- Module 2: Innovating Solutions at Work
- Module 3: Using Advanced Strategies
- Module 4: Team Problem Solving
This course works well with Critical Thinking, which teaches specific strategies for ever deeper levels of thinking on the job.
You'll also find five other courses that progress from foundational grammar skills to high-level writing. Check out all of these courses from Write for Business: