Problem Solving will help you tackle even challenging problems in your workplace. You’ll gain practical tools for defining problems and innovating solutions. You’ll also learn problem-solving strategies used by managers, analysts, engineers, facilitators, designers, and scientists. This course helps you understand how to solve problems by yourself and in workgroups.
Clear explanations, examples, and videos teach key concepts, and digital activities for writing and editing help you practice what you learn. Each learning module ends with a quiz, and a pre- and post-assessment track your overall learning.
Watch this brief video to see how it all works:
Upon completion of Problem Solving, you will be able to do the following:
- Understand how to solve problems on the job
- Use practical strategies for defining workplace problems
- Analyze causes and effects of problems
- Use tools for brainstorming practical solutions at work
- Use thought-tools to evaluate solutions and discover ways to improve them
- Implement and monitor workplace solutions effectively
- Use problem-solving strategies drawn from design and science
- Use decision-making strategies individually and on teams
Table of Contents
- Module 1: Defining and Solving Workplace Problems
- Module 2: Innovating Solutions at Work
- Module 3: Using Advanced Strategies
- Module 4: Team Problem Solving
This course works well with Critical Thinking, which teaches specific strategies for ever deeper levels of thinking on the job.
You'll also find five other courses that progress from foundational grammar skills to high-level writing. Check out all of these courses from Write for Business: